Stockhands Equine-Assisted Therapies
Stockhands Horses for Healing is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing equine facilitated therapies to veterans, adults, and children with developmental, mental, physical, and emotional disabilities.
Sign Up to become a member of the Stockhands’ Online Community and get updates about our events and programs.
Click Here to get Stockhands Apparel (shirts, hats, pullovers). A portion of your purchase will go to support Stockhands.
Become a Volunteer and help our team prepare horses, deliver lessons and more
The Equine Experience: Riding a horse can help riders to find confidence, peace, control, a mental and emotional calm, energy, understanding, purpose, pride, and all the things that can be forgotten when dealing with a mental, physical, or emotional disability. This experience of rediscovery is happening throughout the country in many therapeutic riding programs. Its success is evident in those who are part of or have completed therapeutic riding programs. Because horseback riding is physically; mentally and emotionally taxing, it presents the perfect opportunity and venue for therapy. The energy and connection between horse and rider are intense and unable to be recreated; it is infectious due to the horses’ loyalty, strength, lack of judgment, and caring.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE CORNAVIRUS & STOCKHANDS
To our students, volunteers, and supporters:
The Stockhands team is committed to protecting the safety and wellbeing of all who participate in our non-profit cause. As part of our commitment, we are taking great care in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic by doing all we can to limit exposure and prevent the spread of the virus. As part of this effort, effective immediately, we are closing our offices and facilities per the local government’s requirements and recommendations. We will be monitoring the situation and will reopen when the authorities indicate that it is safe to do so. Our current expectation is that we will remain closed at least until mid-May at which time we will evaluate the situation. Please follow us online at our Facebook page and website for periodic updates. We will post pictures and provide regular updates.
Anyone visiting or participating in Stockhands events, lessons, or activities is required to complete and return our COVID-19 Liability form (find it here).
In limited cases, we are working with select volunteers to help with ongoing needs at the barn. However, if we have not been in contact and asked for participation, all volunteers and visitors should not come to the barn. Anyone who does visit must do so with permission in advance. We hope everyone understands and appreciates that the restrictions are in place to protect the health and safety of our community and recognize the need for us to play our part in the solution. But, we also appreciate the critical role our offerings play in many people’s lives. We are working hard to survive and reengage with our community as soon as possible.
As you know, donations, fundraising events, and lesson fees represent our only source of funding. Our most significant and important annual event is our Derby Party. The Kentucky Derby has been postponed until September 5th. We currently don’t have a date or plan to run the Derby party, but will post an update when we do. We also ask that our supporters do what they can to help us financially to maintain the barn, horses, and programs by donating during this difficult time. There are donation links on our website at www.stockhands.org, and we are working on setting up a Facebook fundraising campaign.
We hope you, your families, and friends are healthy and doing well. We very much appreciate your ongoing support and look forward to seeing you when the crisis is over. God bless and stay well.
Stockhands Horses for Healing
Call us at 614-975-6694 for more information.
- Support Stockhands with a Banner - Support Stockhands with Family or Coporate/Business Banner to be displayed in our arena. It’s a great way to show your support and promote your business to the Stockhands community. Download the PDF about our Banner program.
- Columbus Dispatch Cover Story on Stockhands - The Columbus Dispatch Newspaper covered Stockhands in a cover story on December 30th, 2019. The article covered a variety of topics about Stockhand’s programs and services. Watch the Dispatch video to get a great overview of how Stockhands Horses for …
- Stockhands works with new Equine Bluetooth Cardiac Monitor System from Stark Industries - New Equine Bluetooth Cardiac Monitoring System Provides Remote EKG, Heart Rate, Performance and Foaling Monitoring with Wireless Sensors Download the press release here: Equine-Bluetooth-System STARKSport ‘smart patch’ – Powered by isansys technology, provides real-time, medical-grade, cardiac EKG data, on-site, without the …
- New Volunteer Orientation - Individuals who are interested in volunteering at Stockhands must attend a Volunteer Orientation Session. After attending orientation, we will work with you to determine a schedule and help you learn more about how to help. New Volunteer Orientation: Orientation is one …
- My Volunteer Story at Stockhand’s - By Angela George I first found out about Stockhand’s via Nationwide’s Volunteer Network. I honestly wasn’t looking for anything in particular, but I was curious to see what was on the Network. So I just started searching. I found out …
- Support our New 5 for 5 Fundraiser - A new way to help! Introducing the Stockhands 5 for 5 Fundraiser. How does it work? We have over 2400 followers on our page. If only 500 of our faithful followers (or more!!) would donate $5 a month (this is …
- Stockhands Equine Therapy Success Story -
- In Memory of a great and loved horse - It is with great sadness we said goodbye to great horse this week. Lacey crossed the rainbow bridge on Tuesday after succumbing to a injury … We would like to thank DVM Holly Helbig for all her efforts over the …
- Stockhands on TV: see us on Fox 28 – Good Day Columbus - Good Day Columbus, on Fox 28 did a special on Stockhands Horses for Healing. See the videos that were on TV on September 14th, 2015 from the links below: GDC-Stockhands-Part 1 GDC-Stockhands-Part 2 GDC-Stockhands-Part 3
- Remember us on Amazon and Help Out - Did you know that when you shop on Amazon.com you can earn donations for Stockhands? Keep us in mind and use the smile.amazon.com link before you shop. All you have to do is look us up and shop as usual …