Stockhands Equine-Assisted Therapies
Stockhands Horses for Healing is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing equine facilitated therapies to veterans, adults, and children with developmental, mental, physical, and emotional disabilities.
Sign Up to become a member of the Stockhands’ Online Community and get updates about our events and programs.
Click Here to get Stockhands Apparel (shirts, hats, pullovers). A portion of your purchase will go to support Stockhands.
Become a Volunteer and help our team prepare horses, deliver lessons and more
Our Mission: Stockhands Horses for Healing Mission is to facilitate a positive and non-judgmental environment for participants and their families. Stockhands is a place where human and animal relationships can flourish through effective and creative equine-assisted therapy.
The Equine Experience: Riding a horse can help riders to find confidence, peace, control, a mental and emotional calm, energy, understanding, purpose, pride, and all the things that can be forgotten when dealing with a mental, physical, or emotional disability. This experience of rediscovery is happening throughout the country in many therapeutic riding programs. Its success is evident in those who are part of or have completed therapeutic riding programs. Because horseback riding is physically; mentally and emotionally taxing, it presents the perfect opportunity and venue for therapy. The energy and connection between horse and rider are intense and unable to be recreated; it is infectious due to the horses’ loyalty, strength, lack of judgment, and caring.
- Support Stockhands with a Banner - Support Stockhands with Family or Coporate/Business Banner to be displayed in our arena. It’s a great way to show your support and promote your business to the Stockhands community. Download the PDF about our Banner program.
- Columbus Dispatch Cover Story on Stockhands - The Columbus Dispatch Newspaper covered Stockhands in a cover story on December 30th, 2019. The article covered a variety of topics about Stockhand’s programs and services. Watch the Dispatch video to get a great overview of how Stockhands Horses for …
- New Volunteer Orientation - Individuals who are interested in volunteering at Stockhands must attend a Volunteer Orientation Session. After attending orientation, we will work with you to determine a schedule and help you learn more about how to help. New Volunteer Orientation: Orientation is one …
- My Volunteer Story at Stockhand’s - By Angela George I first found out about Stockhand’s via Nationwide’s Volunteer Network. I honestly wasn’t looking for anything in particular, but I was curious to see what was on the Network. So I just started searching. I found out …
- Support our New 5 for 5 Fundraiser - A new way to help! Introducing the Stockhands 5 for 5 Fundraiser. How does it work? We have over 2400 followers on our page. If only 500 of our faithful followers (or more!!) would donate $5 a month (this is …
- Stockhands Equine Therapy Success Story -
- Stockhands on TV: see us on Fox 28 – Good Day Columbus - Good Day Columbus, on Fox 28 did a special on Stockhands Horses for Healing. See the videos that were on TV on September 14th, 2015 from the links below: GDC-Stockhands-Part 1 GDC-Stockhands-Part 2 GDC-Stockhands-Part 3
- Remember us on Amazon and Help Out - Did you know that when you shop on Amazon.com you can earn donations for Stockhands? Keep us in mind and use the smile.amazon.com link before you shop. All you have to do is look us up and shop as usual …
- Claire the Mule has a special message for Donors - Visit Claire’s Corner to watch a short video message from our mule Claire who has a special message for anyone interested in helping out financially. It’s fun and informative. Here’s the link: https://www.stockhands.org/Claire/